With the weather getting nicer and nicer and being able to finally attend in-person events after a two-year break, May has been a great month for team buildings and conferences across Europe. Here’s what happened at SiteGround:
- A favorite SiteGround tradition is the 3.00 PM employee celebrations in the office. One of our May-borns brought the party to our Headquarters in Sofia with strawberry chocolate fountains and (a little) prosecco.
- We were so happy to host the PHP User Group MeetUp in our office for beers, wurst, and some best practice sharing on Front-end & back-end symbiosis.
- For World Bee Day we visited our adopted SiteGround beehive.
- Our SiteGround football team showed some great skills in a tournament organized for the Plovdiv business.
- We visited high schools in Stara Zagora to explain what it is to work in IT and motivate students to pursue degrees and careers in this exciting field.
- Once again we supported women in tech by sponsoring and speaking at Rails Girls Sofia.
- As open-source contributors, we sponsored and attended the PlodivConf.
- We had a big delegation to one of the biggest Linux events KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in Valencia, Spain where they learned great new things and shared them with the team.
- We started our traditional mini-teambuilding events: each team at SiteGround gets a solid budget for bonding and collaboration events.
- We organized forestation in Vitosha mountain and planted 170 saplings.
- We had a new group start in our Customer Care team – it was great to staрt the journey for 14 SiteGround Newbies.
- Our AI team attended the Meeting of the Association of Computational Linguistics in Dublin, Ireland.
- Knowing how important it is to support great local events, we supported Plovdiv Dance Week.
Can’t wait to see what the summer months bring in! In the meantime, if you are interested in joining our team, check out our open positions.