At the end of the summer, we are sharing a quick recap of a month full of rest time for our employees, team buildings, festivals, kids & smiles in our offices, and new learning and development activities. Our efforts were recognized as finalists in 5 categories of Employer awards.
- We accommodated one full workweek care of more than 60 SiteGround kids, ages 3-14, in Sofia and Plovdiv. They had the amazing opportunity to spend the week where their parents are working, make new friends, enjoy exclusive healthy meals in our restaurant, play a lot of fun games, do some really cool sports & dance activities, and learn many new things about the magic of web hosting. I got to speak more about it with Капитал Кариери (text in Bulgarian only).
- Developing our employees means taking care of managers as well. We tried out metasim – a VR-powered training software – with three of our managers for a course on giving feedback.
- At SiteGround each team receives its own dedicated (and pretty generous) budget for team-building. That boosts collaboration and team spirit, and for some teams working from multiple locations, allows them to spend quality time together in person. Part of our Technical Support team made it all the way to the capital of waltz and Mozart Kugeln – Vienna.
- Supporting the local IT community is very important, so we sponsored the biggest IT event in Bulgaria – DEV.BG All in One. SiteGrounders also attended and enjoyed the lectures and discussions.
- We also hosted the WordPress MeetUp again in Plovdiv.
- Our Plovdiv office got pimped with its new foosball table.
- Taking care of our employees includes looking after mental health. We are partnering with digiburn – an app that helps people live more fulfilled lives by overcoming burnout.
- We had more than 190 employees visit the Arte Festival – enjoying the great bands, comedy scene, cuisine, and a fantastic time at our very own dedicated SiteGround zone.
- Our efforts got recognized again, and we are finalists in 5 categories out of 457 entries in the CareerShow employer branding awards: Best Employer, Exceptional Team Achievements , CSR Strategy, Green Office, and Work-life Balance. Keep your fingers crossed – September 13 is the award ceremony.
We are looking forward to what the fall brings. If you are interested to learn more about us, check out careers.siteground.com.